So, here we go..... I have to dig deep for this one.
10. When I listen to music I do not hear the words. I only hear the beat, rhythm, melody, and pitch. It is the way it all blends together that attracts me to music. Yes, I know I am missing the best part of a song but I just have the hardest time hearing the words and comprehending what they are actually saying.
9. Piggy backing on 10, I am not an auditory learner. I discovered this in college. In Biology class at UGA I had a friend who would just listen to the lecture. She did really well in the class. I tried this out for one of the units and failed the test. It was at this moment that I learned I have to see it, write it, hear it, and apply it to actually retain it.
8. I was the trumpet section leader in the marching band as a sophomore in high school. I even got to play the solo on homecoming. It was the theme song from a popular movie in the early 90's. I can't think of the name of it. I also took piano lessons for 8 years and got really good at. But now I stink at it.
7. I took 20 quarter hours of Portuguese in college. Oi, is all I remember. Crazy thing is that I made A's in all the classes.
6. I did not go to any of my high school proms. I think I was kind of stand offish to the guys in high school. If I got asked I might have gone but no one ever asked. That might have been because I was kind of a witch to boys in high school. But now that I think about it at that time I probably would have said no because I was anti social when it came to those events. I saw them as a waste of time and money.
5. I love math. I think it has to do with the fact that math is just patterns and formulas. If one knows the pattern or formula then one can figure out the answer.
4. I am obsessed with food. Almost too obsessed. This obsession is sometimes healthy and sometimes unhealthy. I am currently working on making it a healthy obsession 99.9% of the time. The unhealthy part is eating pans of brownies, boxes of cereal, bags of chocolate, whole pizza pies, 12 donuts or cupcakes, boxes of cookies, jar of peanut butter, etc... in one sitting.
3. I have multiple personalities. The crazy things is that I have no control over which personality comes out. This ticks me off sometimes because I recognize it and try to control it. I just consider it as me being a chameleon of situations. What I mean by this is that I can flighty and ditsy around some, at work I can be strong willed, in the gym I can be aggressive. It just depends.
2. Sodas and carbonated drinks are evil to me. I discovered this as a teenager. They create havoc in my GI tract and pump me up with gas. (How embarrassing.)
1. I love to workout. I do something everyday that is related to exercising. If I miss a day I go crazy.