Saturday, November 29, 2008

Update

It has been a while since I have posted anything. Mainly because I have not done anything too exciting. Sure alot has happened in the political world but I really don't want to talk about about that because people don't come here to read about my political views. They come here to see what I have been up to. So, what does my world consist of right now:

1. Training for a 1/2 marathon that I will be doing tomorrow (Sunday) and getting back on the bike for long rides. In October Tanya and I completed the Runningshoes.com Duathlon as a team. I ran and she did the Mt. Bike part. It was a fun race and the swag was great. It was a blast.
Last weekend I ran the Turkey Trot with a great friend. We both did great. However, we did not get any pictures of the event. Races that are coming up are the Fairhaven Frosty 5k and 10k (I am not sure if I will do this one yet) and the Jingle Bell Jog (4 miler) that a bunch of us from work and a sprinkle of friends that I work out with will be doing. These things keep me distracted from the current economic nose dive.

2. Working - It has finally started to not be too stressful. Now don't get me wrong it is a very stressful job. I am just becoming numb (or more knowledgeable) about it. I have learned to difuse angry parents, handle more medical issues than I care to handle, and juggle 50 things at one time. Maybe this job will work to my advantage one day. However, I do know that communication is the key. If you are a teacher and you are doing a special event or organizing something please let the freakin secretary know because they are the one gets all the questions and it would make my life easier if I could just answer their questions rather than saying I will have to get back with you on that because I don't know the answer. Also, don't forget to recognize your secretary on Secretary's day because they do alot more than you realize.
3. Worrying that I will not beable to get back in the field of Health and Physical Education. The WA budget is not looking good and according to my boss/principal he seems to think that there will be a lot of cuts in the school system next year. Soon, I will start my adventures in finding a job. Where ever I land one is where I will be next year. Who knows where that will take me.

4. Planning a trip back to GA.
So, that is the jist of my journey right now just treading water. :)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Miss you lots! I do care about your political view. I can't wait until your visit. I'll try to run this week:)