Friday, January 12, 2007

Carrot Cake

So I decieded to change the direction of my blog. (I change things alot.) I really don't have anything fun and intersting to write about so I will write about different recipes that I attempt to cook. Some may be healthy and some my just be darn good. Like this first one.

Carrot Cake

CAKE:
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1/2 cup of oil
1/2 unsweetend applesauce
4 eggs
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)


ICING:
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 1/2-4 cups powdered sugar

1. Mix dry cake ingredients.
2. Add carrots, oil and eggs.
3. Stir till all is wet.
4. Add nuts, (optional)
Put in greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.5. Bake at 325* for 50-55 minutes .
6. Cool.
7. Cream together cream cheese, margarine, vanilla Add powdered sugar.
8. Spread over cooled cake.

Verdit - After eating one slice it kept calling back for another. Robby actually ate this cake so knowing that he would be looking for a piece each day kept me from eating it all in one day.
The Low Down - I don't have a program that tells you everything but I figured out the calories based on the ingredients above. Serving size:1/20th is 322 calories. or 1/12th is 537 calories.

Pictures

No comments: